Friday, November 19, 2010

Comment on Emily Thomas' "A More Peaceful War"

I’m not sure where this blog is going when finish reading it. What brought me to attention was the title, “A More Peaceful War”. In the first half of the blog, the author presented her views on war, in which she described it as cruel yet necessary. I have no argument against her opinions on this because I completely agree. Mankind will never obtain true peace because it is not in the realm of possiblity. We denounce battles during times of war, yet we crave battles during times of peace. War can bring both stability and instability to our world. I believe that war leads to peace because we can’t really call it peace if there’s no war. Overall, I agree with what the author has to say about war. However, during the second half the blog, the author presents her solution to a more peaceful war by shutting down prison camps and refrain from taking prisoners of war. First of all, I personally have no clue what a peaceful war is. Wars are chaotic and horrific, I don’t think one can change what war is. You can’t call it a war if soldiers are not getting hurt or killed and no matter how what kind of fancy words used, war is still a battleground where soldiers are killed. Second, I do notice the author’s opinion on the cruel acts prison camps lay on the prisoners of war. She believe that America should shut down prison camps such as the Guantanamo Bay and should refrain from taking prisoners of war. I respectfully disagree, as much as it pains me. I am against the tourturing methods of prison camps, but I do think that locking prisoners of war inside prison camps are necessary. The only thing I would change would be banning torture and giving POW a fair trial. Other than that, I don’t think it is necessary to shut down prison camps. I believe that every country has its ugliness, and this is one of America’s wrinkes. Yes, other countries might be given a negative view on our nation, but we are the leader and the governing country of the world. 

1 comment:

  1. Hello Meta!

    SPN Headlines reports the trial for KSM et al has been set for Greenwich, Connecticut. SHOCKING story at:

    http://spnheadlines.blogspot.com/2010/11/terror-trial-set-for-connecticut.html

    Peace! :-)

    ReplyDelete